Social Media
     

6.3.16

Trying My Mother's Makeup! Product Reviews


In the UK, today is Mother's Day. We aren't really a family to actually do anything, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate my mother's existence! My mam is very into makeup, she loves getting all dolled up. She also kept asking me if I wanted to try her new makeup out, so I spent the morning/noon with her while we both did our faces. As I was in my mums room, I thought I'd try her makeup out, and I thought it'd be a good idea for a blog post...



Benefit "That Gal" Primer- Superb primer! It's a dream to blend in as well, none tacky and a nice rosy colour. And it sat lovely under my foundation.

MAC Studio Water weight- The coverage wasn't that full, it'd be good for just an everyday wear. It feels very refreshing, which was a nice change from wearing matte foundation. I actually liked the dewiness of this foundation!

Nars Creamy concealer- I couldn't find it to take a photo of it, oops! I wasn't that much of a fan. I liked the feel of it. It wasn't cakey, but I have VERY bad eye bags and it didn't really cover them up very well. It might've been because my mams shade isn't very highlighting on me. Because of this, I used my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer instead!

Benefit Hoola- I've got a small version of this, which I love. Mum has the brush that comes with it so I thought it'd be good for contouring my cheek bones... I misunderestimated how harsh it was going to be! I blended it out with Real Techniques Miracle Sponge so I saved my skin (essentially!)

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish "Soft & Gentle"- I absolutely adore this highlighter! It's so pretty! It leaves a really gorgeous shimmer and is super durable, which is always a good thing!

L'oreal Brow Kit- I mean, if I had light hair on my head, I would have liked this kit, but as I have dark hair, I like having dark brows to match it. However, that doesn't mean it wasn't a bad product, just not my colour! I darkened them up a bit with my Benefit Gimme Brow Gel

Laura Geller "Pink Chocolate Pop" Eyeshadow- This is a very neutral shadow. It's got swirls of pink and brown, but it pretty much is sparkly brown colour. It's really nice, though! Good for daily wear.

L'oreal False Lash Sculpt- I was actually really impressed with this! I've never seen a mascara brush that has one flat side and one "brush" side. It was really good for getting into the roots of my lashes, I highly recommend this mascara! 


Happy Mother's Day!!
I hope your mothers have all had a great day!


2 comments:

  1. I had a lovely day, thanks for sharing it with me 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lovely day, thanks for sharing it with me 💕

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top